The Advantages of PEO’s, A Professional Employer Organization, is a one-stop service provider that allows business owners to concentrate on running their business without getting bogged down with administrative details. It also allows them to provide employees with the benefits normally provided by much larger companies.
Few small businesses can afford a full-time staff consisting of an accountant, human resource professional, attorney, risk manager, benefits manager, etc. A PEO delivers these services by establishing and maintaining an employer relationship with the employees at the clients’ worksite and by contractually assuming certain employer, responsibilities, rights and risk.
Often referred to as the co-employment model, a PEO becomes the legal “employer of record” for employment and benefit purposes, assuming many of the responsibilities and liabilities of every business, while allowing the business to focus on the fundamentals of their business.
- PEO arrangements offer a broad array of HR-related services.
- Competitive Fortune 500 Benefits otherwise not offered to small employers.
- The potential for lower health insurance premiums.
- Maintain compliance with state and federal regulations.
- PEO clients spend less on HR administration than similarly-sized peers.
- PEO’s play a major role in helping businesses attract and retain their employees.
- Executives and managers of PEO clients can focus more of their time on strategy and growth.
- PEOs make it possible for a small business to grow more quickly than their peer
At Strategic Employer Planning, we represent more than 7 vetted PEO’s. We will assist you in determining which PEO will best suit your needs and ensure your transition is transparent.